Thursday, May 30, 2019

Energy Crisis

I got a note from my mom with the sentiment that she hopes my energy is on the increase.  I would have gotten this note on Tuesday, but I didn't have the energy to make the very short walk to the mailbox.  I slept 16 or so hours Tuesday, a big chunk of 10 or so overnight and then several naps of 1-2 hours during the day.  I just couldn't keep my eyes open.  The good news is this is the best I've done with day 6 after chemo, the last few cycles I was spiking a near fever so at least I missed out on that.  So yes, more energy would be a good thing! 

I did some work on Wednesday, with the most strenuous activity picking up a Red-eared Slider and moving it out of the road. The turtle was feisty, and nearly got under the car seat which would have been interesting to say the least.  I let her go in a nearby pond, far better than leaving her napping in the construction area.  Birds are more and more the local nesting species, fewer migrants to entertain me. 

I ended up at the dentist Wednesday afternoon unexpectedly.   My dentist - Unterbrink Dental in McAllen - said the old amalgam fillings will shift with time and move, and mine ended up moving to where it put pressure on the tooth when I bit down on food.  Why is it always a holiday weekend when this happens?  He also said teeth can become more brittle with chemo so I could have broken the tooth with time.  I ended up with a cleaning (since it was due), some rearrangement of the filling, and some fluoride paste to  brush with after I brush.  So much for all the time I'm saving not brushing hair,  now I have to brush my teeth twice! 

Facebook stalkers will know I spent this morning sitting on the banks of the Rio Grande.  I didn't do any walking, but I enjoyed just sitting on the mostly peaceful river bank. 

Send energy!