Friday, May 10, 2019

Like a Rat on a Wheel...

Here we go again.  Cycle 3, feeling good days 2-4, and lousy (low energy, short bout of fever, acid stomach and the like) on days 5-7.  Day 8 things are looking up again, but energy is still low with the massive humidity and high temperatures in the LRGV. 

One good thing, I've been able to drive into the horse farm pasture to actually see and touch (and even groom) my horses.  I shouldn't have gone last night due to the heat and humidity (90F near sunset), but I had to try before the rains forecast for the next three days.  There is a lot of good to be had in seeing the horses.  It still takes a lot out of me.

I got through the NBC survey yesterday only to remember the three Breeding Bird Surveys I normal do each May.  The weather is quite iffy for now, but I may have to give one a shot pretty soon and see if I have the energy to finish those off.  One takes more organization - it's on private land - so I may leave that one for the upside of the next cycle. 

Onward.  Hoping for increased energy levels the second half of the cycle.