Monday, May 20, 2019

Gramercy

So many things have made me smile recently.  

I went digging through my backpack (drawn to the aroma of over ripe fruit after leaving it in a hot  car) and found a card hidden in there from JY, proclaiming me a Tough Cookie.  What a great surprise, even funnier that it took me three weeks to find it!  All I can figure is that he hid it in my pack when we did the Big Sit at Estero. 

Then there was this card from JD with an awesome illustration of a Red-winged Blackbird that makes me smile every time I look at it.  It's a glorious male fraught with hormones in a song or fight pose but seemingly about to fly off the page.  It's stunning!  What a great surprise to find that in my mail box, so much nicer than the usual contents. 

I'm using Audible, a great service that provides recorded books, thanks to LF.  They have two shorts a month included, so I'm sampling a much wider swath of genres than I normally would, and enjoying the variety.  The readings are excellent and some of the performance pieces (think old time radio dramas) are supposed to be fantastic,  I'm looking forward to one of those next. 

The Tech at my last test, Matt, was great.  I'd been kept waiting around for an hour and a half, but he had me in a good mood from his introduction, impressive given that he was waving needles around and saying how difficult he found these new ones to use...  Then the front office had me logged into the computer incorrectly, and he kept me informed and entertained for the half hour it took them to straighten it out.  He even walked me to the door on the side I parked (through a staff zone) so I wouldn't have to walk around the whole building in the heat and humidity.  His thoughtfulness was greatly appreciated. 

And so many more little things, from offers of a tram or van tour to places I can't walk and even a house on the arroyo offered for some get-away time.  I am grateful.