Sunday, March 1, 2020

Fortnight

The last two weeks were the first on the new drug regime - alternating drugs for 2 weeks at a time.  All drugs are oral.  Quite a difference.

So it's five weeks since the last chemo, and I was hoping for more energy as time passes.  I still pant when I walk any distance, and overheat quickly.  And it's getting hotter more regularly here.

Two weeks on Drug 1 with no obvious side effects.  I still had occasional nausea and I still didn't sleep well, though both seemed to improve with time passing from the last chemo treatment.  Two days on Drug 2 and no obvious changes.  That's all good.

I did drive up to see the White Wagtail in Austin yesterday, something like 11 hours driving for an hours birding before I decided to turn around and head home.  Was it worth it?  Um.  I wish I'd been up to carrying both my scope and the chair, but I had to elect one and that was the chair.  The flyby was great, but I couldn't get others on it because I was sitting and they were standing and the perspectives were too far off.  It was a new ABA bird, so one more closer to my 60th birthday target.  I may make it yet.  

Two weeks to the next blood check and Drs appointment.  There won't be a lot of news until then.