Friday, February 14, 2020

Three strikes

The CT on Monday was uneventful. It's so much easier to go to the Mission office where the tech Mark is on time, efficient and pleasant.  I did get a massive bruise on my hand from the IV.  The Mission offices have lab services and scans, and although parking can be a pain (walking more so) it's a good 20 minutes closer than the main hospital.

Tuesday I had a nice morning on the river (minus the drizzle that wasn’t in the forecast), and Wednesday I did a little field work nearby.

The usual anxiety about unseen test results hit on Thursday.  It only took two calls to the nurse and one to my cancer advocate to pry the results of the CT out of them before Friday’s Dr appt.  If the Dr said I couldn't have the results then I would have had to go to medical records, which I have done before.

Fever every day and still some nausea but other than shortness of breath I feel ok.

The CT showed no change, like the last several scans.  The good news is the tumors didn't grow, the bad news is they didn't shrink either.  So that's three strikes for my former Dr 7, three chemo regimes that had basically no effect.  Onwards.

I really enjoyed meeting Dr 8(d), who had much the same plan as Dr 8(c).  I like agreement.  We are going forward with the next new plan.  I learned it was Dr 8(d)s last day as a temporary oncologist at DHR, but only after my appointment.  It's back to Dr. 8(c) next month.  At some point they will get a permanent Doctor, but they haven't yet.

I am looking forward to recovering from chemo exhaustion, as much as I can; having my blood counts normalize, and getting away from injections/infustions/IVs and side effects.  And going birding.  Mostly going birding, with friends.