Friday, March 27, 2020

Life in CoVid Times

My Doctors appointment with Dr 8f/9 was changed from an office visit to a phone call, or to be accurate, three phone calls.  There was the phone call for billing and registration, the call with the Doctor, and the call to schedule the next appointment.   Still all in all it was worth not driving to Edinburg.  And of course it was a lot easier to maintain social distancing!   I’m feeling better still though my blood work is a mixed bag but generally a little better.   We’re going to maintain the course for a month and recheck.

I got a good load of groceries from Walmart pickup again.   Still no TP, can’t even pretend to put it in the virtual cart, but almost everything else turned up or was acceptably substituted.  3.5 rolls to go before I get worried.  The black grapes from Peru that were substituted are delicious, but very oddly shaped, like long skinny grapes.  They're very sweet and it's a joy to have fruit again.

The hot weather is keeping me down, it’s been nearly 100 most days.  One project has been cancelled (and rightly so) and another is on slowdown, right after I get started on it.  Oh well!   No one has a crystal ball for post-CoVid.  I’m still doing some construction work which involves birding but not human contact.

I'm always looking for streaming options, send suggestions to me at my email or FB messenger.  I'm staying home and looking for distractions, as are most people!