Sunday, January 12, 2020

Round 3 - Ding Ding Ding!

I made it through round 3 of the 3rd chemo drug last week with little problem.  Dr 8(a) had reduced the treatments from 5 (daily M-F) to 3 days, and listened to my request for MWF treatment.  So far so good, no fever unlike past rounds with this drug.  That could still change though last cycle I was already feeling the effects of fever every afternoon and that treatment ended on a Thursday.  Here's hoping my counts stay up, but from the bruises blossoming on my left arm I don't think that's likely to happen.  Stay tuned.

The plan was to take it easy today since I made the trek to Estero Llano Grande State Park yesterday.  That plan went out the door when a Fork-tailed Flycatcher was found in Hidalgo Co. about 45 min drive away.  I headed out the door shortly after 3 PM and enjoyed good looks at this sometimes cooperative and sometimes almost roadkill bird.  Thanks to JY for finding it and HH for keeping an eye on it until I got there.  A new Hidalgo bird is hard come to by for me!