Saturday, January 4, 2020

Happy New Year!

Good news on 1/2, all counts are up.   Finally. 

I did the Bentsen CBC in the morning on 1/3, flushing a boat load of Sprague's Pipits with the help of Laura, Rick, May, Tom and and Connie at Anzalduas before more CBC birding and of course lunch at Taco Express.  Then it was off to my Drs appointment.  Thanks to Rick and May for coming over before their (finally) sunny Butterfly Hike, and Tom, Connie and Laura for finishing off the afternoon! 

I went in and saw Dr 8(a) again, evidently his last day as a temporary doctor in the practice.  The continuity helped and our discussion was good.  We've got a plan to go ahead with treatment and try to avoid the crashing blood counts  that could make an infection all but inevitable with time.  The best thing for me was while I was checking with the chemo scheduler about the changes (warning her of the Dr orders to come) chemo nurse Jocelyn came out and talked to me about the changes and how we will monitor my blood counts for the inevitable decline afterwards.  It is great to have her looking out for me. She's awesome!

My next appointment is with yet another new temporary Dr. And I've had appointments with a couple other new Drs that got moved up or changed.   The revolving door of temporary Drs is frustrating, it's a difficult situation for the patients and the Drs.  I have to start at square one (see, I've had this fever for 3 years now so that's nothing new...) and they have to scroll  through pages of medical history to catch up (in a 20 minute appointment slot). 

Onwards.