Thursday, January 27, 2022

High Anxiety and Much Ado about nothing …

1/27

So let’s see.  Early December I had to put my mare Dreamer down. It was the hardest thing I had to do in this life but it was also the kindest.  I blew up my car (well not really but I thought it was dead).  And then about ten days ago I was eating a sandwich and broke a tooth. Four dentist appointments and a crown later I think I’m done with that stuff for now.  

For five months I’ve been trying to get the results of genetic testing for immunotherapy. Today while getting my port flush I pushed for information and lo and behold the results were in!  Can I see the Dr next week?  Hell no. But I can see him TOMORROW.  Once again I was told it has to be in person so I will be having a cow if the Dr tells me otherwise.  

I still need to buy a new car, I still need to lose some anxiety that crept up on me today, and I need to stop losing weight.  

1/28 

So yesterday the PA told me I had to see the Doctor in person so I went back to the hospital oncology clinic today.  Fortunately he was pretty much on time and home to home was only 3 hours.  

I was hoping for GOOD news on the test since I had to go in in person, because all I came up with for bad news was we keep doing what we are doing.  Good news we would need to talk about changes, bad news no changes to talk about.  I was wrong.  Mostly the report said they had insufficient material to test.  So no news, the worst option of all.  We will go ahead with the next CT and see how things are going, so no more news for 6 weeks-ish.