Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Ugh ....

I went in Monday for chemo and my temperature at check in was 99.1.  The nurses checked it again and it was at 99.9 and then 99.5.  The doctor (another new temporary one I haven't met, let's call him 8b) ordered a shitload of tests most of which we did, looking for an infection.  So two hours later I go home with a lot less blood and a urine test.  So far all are negative or still in progress.  Being the pushy patient I asked if they were doing another CBC since that reading Friday at 15 was part of what had them on alert for infections.  They hadn't been planning on it, but they added it in.  I bought a new thermometer on the way home since I'm not sure where the other one got to... I could have left it in a hotel room or it could be in a suitcase or who knows.  The first two readings are normal, but after I got home it bounced all over from 98.1 to 100.5. 

So today I got a call that they won't have the blood work (peripheral and port looking for a port infection) preliminary results until late tonight/tomorrow.  The urine test seems clear, and the white count is now over 21, showing an infection.  My stomach has been upset off and on, but not much else to report to the nurse.  She said with the white count the Dr was ordering antibiotics, so I just picked those up.  Hoping it turns around quick.  And hoping I keep lunch down.

I have a Drs appointment with another Dr (8b?) on Friday.