Friday, April 12, 2019

Half by Half - Resting Phase week 3

I remember in elementary school having trouble understanding that if you go half way to a destination, and half the remaining distance, and repeat forever you will never get to your destination.  It seemed to me when you got there - usually by means of an imaginary giant step - you were there. The lesson Is being made by my hair. Every time I brush my hair half the remaining hair comes out on the brush.  It would be easy to not brush it except for the mats that keep developing at the base of my skull.  I'd say I'm down to 2% of my hair or less now.  It feels so odd to have my hair not hitting me in the back.  Well, it's gone.  All I have left are wisps.  
 
The highlight of the week was going to see the Elf Owls at Bentsen, returning to their traditional nest site.  The female stuck her head out of the nest about sunset and later the male came in and briefly paused at the entrance to the nest.  It was quite a site! The birders and photographers were well behaved which was much appreciated.   

I also got a last tour of Esteros back trails with Rick and May Snider before their impending departure. We saw a lot of birds including some county year birds for me.  A highlight was seeing Javier DeLeon with Bill Clark and Billy Snider checking on the Harris's Hawks. 
 
I really like Dr #7.  My report of "no big deal" about chemo treatment 1 was met with "we can do better". So I've got after treatment pills to pick up.  Wish they'd been done yesterday but the pharmacy didn't have one in stock. 
And now it's back to poison the tumors again.  Seven hours on an IV but starting earlier.  I'm hoping for a smooth session without an allergic reaction this time!  I'm ready to be terrified, bored, sleepy, and stir crazy all at the same time.  Got to love drugs, a tether and bad cable. If it works it's worth it.