Thursday, April 18, 2019

Better Living Through Chemistry

I'm feeling so much better immediately post-chemo this round.   I have been birding every day and walking a mile or more, where my limit last round even at the end of the cycle was more limited.  I know I had some mental let down and stress (hard on the migranes) after the first treatment that was much more limited this time. 

As previously mentioned I also got some additional post-treatment anti-nausea meds after discussions with Dr. 7.   These are keeping me hungry and eating unlike last time when I struggled to eat 500-700 calories a day the first week.  I'm still popping antacids the first few days since I forgot to buy any Pepcid, but I'll have them for next time.  Even though I wasn't sick the anti-nausea meds evened things out.  

I actually went to South Padre Island Sunday and saw a lot of people - more people than migrants I think!  The non-human highlights were the continuing stunning adult male Varied Bunting at the SPI Birding and Nature Center, and the hybrid Baltimore x Bullock's Oriole.  The trip tired me out and I came home early for a nap.  This trip ended up knocking me out for a couple of days, but it was worth it. And somehow I pulled a bunch of muscles, but I can't recall doing anything physical at all! 

Wednesday I did a couple hours work, but no walking.  Thursday I got over to see the continuing Crimson-collared Grosbeak at Quinta Mazatlan, though the high humidity wilted me very quickly. Air conditioning is my best friend right now!