Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Riding on the MTA

 There’s a certain similarity at DHR with is riding on the MTA. Patients are often consulted on what procedures are going to be done and doctors can be clueless. I spent 16 hours today waiting for a minor procedure not allowed to eat. This is on an eight hour fast mind you.  

My day started with my doctor telling me they took my right hand port out yesterday I peeled back my jumpsuit and said and so was this and there was the port. Two different medical professionals told me they were inserting a port today. I spent half an hour talking to Jesse at patient advocacy about being a Bandan in the chair yesterday and about the time it takes to getAny help to get out of the chair. I was falling asleep pushing forward and unsafe in the chair and I could not get any help to get out. That’s a whole different story.

At 1 o’clock I was told it was being moved up in line. That never happened I was one of the last procedures to be done. They did come to take me to dialysis about 1 o’clock and I refuse to go on an empty stomach. Nothing like sitting for two hours on dialysis having had no food for 13 hours.

The most ridiculous thing was the 16 hour fast that I undertook for an eight hour fast. They wake you up here at 2 o’clock for blood draws 2:00 AM mind you. So I was up from 2 AM to 8 AM but not allowed to eat because I wasn’t allowed anything after midnight. I did not go in for the procedure until almost 4 o’clock. When I returned I had clear vegetable broth stew zucchini and the usual Cereal and crap. I’ve been unable to get soda I’ve been unable to get juice.

My recommendation to anyone coming to DHR radiology is to confirm that by 9 AM if they have not been taken in yet they will be eating and they will have to delay the procedure another day. I spent what four days of the last nine not eating because I’m waiting for procedures to avoid for cancel up to 15 hours after I started fasting.

I think the only person that didn’t lie to me today who is Edward and who brought me back up from the procedure and he had no role of the whole thing everybody else was telling me stories saying how sorry they were and yet not fixing a goddamn thing.