Thursday, August 18, 2022

Adventures in healthcare 956

So today’s peer to peer meeting between my doctors and the insurance company evidently went well. I was approved for transfer to a skilled nursing facility. Yay!  

After initial serious problems with the food at the hospital which generally consisted of a slab of proteins that was stone cold, something that I would be suspicious about having dairy in it, and a frozen vegetable I went on a vegan diet at the recommendation of my kidney doctors. This has become a salad diet it seems lol. They bring so much food I get a huge salad with avocado and veggies I get a soupAnd a fruit cocktail. In theory I can get fresh fruit but that’s only happened once. Right now the food is generally excellent and of course being Edinburg there is pico de gallo and salsa Verde. yes the sores in my mouth Have healed

i usually take whatever soup they bring whether it’s meat or vegan And drink some broth and maybe some veg. Today’s soup was onion and cabbage. I so wanted to do a Dickensian request for more but i couldn’t finish the first helping.  

Transfer today or tomorrow.  Or whenever the paperwork is done.