Thursday, October 29, 2020

Long slow October

It's been a long slow October.  Not much going on health wise.  The heat here finally broke and the cooler temps have me feeling better.  I did an all day big day as part of the Great Texas Birding Classic dispersed team.  It was fun and frustrating as these things usually are.  Thanks to everyone who helped me out, starting with Marianna and Luciano at the National Butterfly Center and Javier and John at Estero Llano Grande State Park.  

I finally realized they never called me about my appointments for November so I called oncology.  The Doctor appointment was scheduled, but the CT not yet (though I got four letters of approval from the insurance reviewer).  Got that scheduled with their default, which I will likely have to change.   

Lots of work on the Rio Grande Valley Birding Festival and the Spring Chirp though both were cancelled this year.  The RGVBF is going virtual and I'm doing my best to make that happen.  

Successful vet visit a couple weeks ago though I got overheated trying to catch the farm owners horses.  She forgot it was float day.  Juan saved the day and caught the reluctant mares.  I still cringe from seeing the damage my old horse Dickens had happen to his teeth when he fought the speculum, so I make a point to not miss the day.  Dickens is long gone (never forgotten) but Storm and Dreamer have their own issues.  All went well, but I do worry about them more than I used to because of Dickens. Yay, all over but the bill.   

In my mind the tumor is growing.  I hope not!  I had gained weight last port flush so am cutting back on bingeing (or I'm trying to cut back).