Saturday, August 29, 2020

Test and retest

Well I made it back to work last week, working about two and a half days.  The heat is still a problem but I am mostly sitting in my car with the AC on.  Hard on the engine, easy on the body.  Still, ten hours is a long day.  This week I made almost full time in three and a half days.  I am looking forward to the weekend!  

I seem to be past the worst of the fuzzy headed side effects from the new meds. Friday's ultrasound showed reduced clots but some still present in smaller arteries.  At least they're gone from the jugular and other nasty places.  I'll find out what the doctor wants to do in a couple weeks, for now stay on the blood thinners for sure and maybe retest sooner rather than later.  I may still have to have the port removed, but I'd rather not expose myself to the number of humans in the hospital.  Covid19 is still severe here.  

I braved the mall and got the battery in my phone replaced.  I haven't been in that mall in years!  The phone is working great now, and I can actually go for hours without having it plugged in.  Before it would turn off every time it lost charge, and most of the time I had to warm it up on a heating pad or on the dashboard to get it to charge and turn on.  I'm glad I saved it from the landfill, and postponed getting a new one until 5G. There's still the question of whether to stay iPhone or switch with the next phone.  I have mixed feelings, not as bad now with the iPad. I can keep those Apple only apps.  

As the new job site develops I'll have to do more walking, for now it's not too bad but the site is rough.  I hope it doesn't rain!  We were fortunate to have Hurricanes Marco and Laura miss us by hundreds of miles.